Blue,Green, Yellow...WHITE

<deep breath> No, that's not white it's blue. This one is green and here I see yellow...

Welcome to my world! In my Benjamin Moore color studio I have hundreds of whites! And let me tell you a little secret, the lighter the color, the more you can see the undertone. So unless it is white out of the can, no tint added, it is not white. Although I must also remember that everyone sees color differently. Another thought, anything but white on your ceiling and everytime you change the color on your wall, you'll be painting your ceiling! <YUCK>
So choose wisely.



I do have some favorites though: OC-117 Simply White and white out of the can white. Simply White was Benjamin Moores color of the year 2016. It is a bit softer but that's because compared to white out of the can it has (the least amount you can add) yellow. The yellow is barely there which is why I like it, but its there!



So again, just like any color, take a sample home and look at it in your lighting!  Still love it? Great! If not maybe white out of the can's not such a bad suggestion? Plus if you buy too much of it for a project, it can usually be returned since there is no tint added.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grays, Grays and Grays OH MY!

Farmhouse...COLOR

How to choose the right color