Ever heard of C2???

My PPG rep Cullen Wolff was visiting our store location today from Sioux Falls and he seemed to notice I mention a lot of his competitors product, Benjamin Moore in past posts. So I told him I would mention his product too just to be fair.

C2 is a smaller paint company that distributes their paint through Pittsburgh Paints (PPG). I've been selling Benjamin Moore paint for 8 years now and I've learned a few things along the way. They have several paint lines to choose from (ie:Classic, Preview, Affinity, Color Stories, etc) giving us thousands of colors to choose from, BM users are very loyal, and you get what you pay for when it comes to paint.  We've tried some other brands in the past (Ralph Lauren, Manor Hall) but nothing has excited me like C2.


They are a company about COLOR! C2 was started by chemists who understand pigments and their properties and their collection only contains 496 colors. All of their offered colors mirror colors found in the natural world which in turn allows the colors to be more useful. Of those 496 colors, none of them contain black pigment and all their tools are made using real paint. This allows for their fan decks, color chips and large color samples to be more accurate. One of my favorite ways to show off C2's clean colors is to do a fan deck comparison trick Cullen showed me. When you spread out a BM deck and spread out a C2 deck and place them on top of one another, WOW! There is no comparison, C2's colors are cleaner, brighter and more vivid, BEAUTIFUL!

C2 in store color display

Frisky 611

Did I say this already? Their colors are beautiful and their color names are even better! Tried and true they have been fun to work with. As an example, a customer came in today wanting a lighter yellow. A year ago she had painted a room BM 2019-60 Lemon Sorbet and she didn't like it, thought it was too bright. The step lighter of the color, 2019-70 Lighting White didn't seem to have enough color to it, she wanted something in between. So after comparing several BM colors, I made my way over to the C2 display and happened to find exactly what she was looking for! The color is called Frisky 611 and she LOVES it!!
Thank You C2 for keeping my passion for color strong!

Comments

  1. We have a huge room at my office, which was painted a ghastly pale pink for years. I wanted to re-do it and chose C2's Turtleback which is a darkish green with a lot of depth to it. Once we painted, all of the white millwork just popped and the room assumed the seriousness which it once had... it's the reading room of a society founded in 1799.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much for sharing your experience with C2 paint!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grays, Grays and Grays OH MY!

Farmhouse...COLOR

How to choose the right color