Full Circle

So I joke a lot that if you wait long enough on incorporating a trend into your life they will revolve to not needing to update at all, hence coming full circle. Case in point, Benjamin Moore's color of the year 2018 is Af-290 Caliente' which is a red. Up here in north country most people are still busy covering up there red accent walls.


I also have seen that colorful accent walls are decreasing as focal points and either transitioning into full accent rooms or being covered with wallpaper. Yes, I said it, wallpaper.


I have to admit I have even applied this current trend in my own home. I used removable wallpaper to line the back of my bookshelves. I love that it easily added color and texture to my space and didn't break the bank. I have not however, found a location to apply wallpaper as an accent wall but in my work life the designers do it all the time. A way they have even thought outside of the box was to add texture rather than print with a grass cloth as pictured below.

 

I never thought I would entertain the idea of liking wallpaper, simply because most days I am communicating with people on how they hate their coverings from 30 years ago and are having a heck of a time removing it! My advice? Get as much off as possible using a steamer, wash the wall with TSP (an inexpensive powder cleaner), seal any seams and re-apply a new wallpaper! The problem with removable and following with paint can often be texture. Applying texture to a wall is an art all in it's own, trust me. Unless you know a drywaller that might be able to help you out or you're willing to spend a little money, consider new paper! As with everything else in the industry, wallpaper has only gotten better. It is easier to apply and there are some simple yet fun prints.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grays, Grays and Grays OH MY!

Farmhouse...COLOR

How to choose the right color