Front Door Color

So I am VERY opinionated about front door colors, paint them! Why not? Yes they made fade over time but I think it is a great way to personalize your home and make it a little more welcoming. When considering a paint line to use just make sure it is an exterior paint and remember that it is ok to only paint the front of the door that the outside world sees! When searching for a color, it is important to think of the color of your house, accessories you might use and different holiday decor. For example, what will your door look like with your Christmas decorations or your Easter wreath???
My front door has been yellow (BM 2152-50 Golden Straw) for several years now and I think I'm ready for a change!


Ok, so my pictures aren't the best but I painted my door brown right after we moved in and the decided to go yellow about a year later-10 years later and it is still yellow. The picture on the right is my entry way, which is painted BM 2128-30 Evening Dove with my yellow front door open so you can see a slice of the yellow.

When I recently received my HGTV magazine April issue, I fell in love with their front door of the month!
 

So now the thing is, taking my own advise?! When I decorate for Halloween with oranges how will this BM 2167-40 Toffee Orange look? 

 

You know what's even more crazy??? How orange the color looks in the picture on the screen in front of me! It is definitely more of a peach color. Just goes to show that seeing a color in person with your naked eye before painting is crucial to the process of making sure you like it! Tell me, what do you think of the new color? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grays, Grays and Grays OH MY!

Farmhouse...COLOR

How to choose the right color