Statement Ceilings?

If you know me at all, you know I have always been a white (out of the can) ceiling girl. I think it helps to give the color you choose for your walls contrast and the undertone won't fight with future colors.  That being said, I do have a couple of different ceiling colors in my house. One of my favorite colors is turquoise and when we remodeled our kitchen I had to incorporate that color somehow! So I painted the ceiling in our VERY small back entry. I have a Moroccan Star light there and it helps draw interest to the space we use everyday.


I also have recently had my husband help me paint my 1/2 bath on the main floor. I went darker, quite a bit darker and painted the ceiling the same dark color. Sounds crazy right? It is currently my favorite room in the house! The room doesn't get much natural light but it does have wainscoting painted white about elbow height on all 4 walls to help off-set the darker color. I have a very colorful piece of artwork in the space and I feel as if it's my first true adult room since my kids have gotten a little older. I got this idea from a client who lived in a huge historic home downtown. When you walked into the home there was a 1/2 bath right away to the right. She didn't have the wainscoting but she had painted top to bottom, ceilings too, in BM Hale Navy and it was beautiful! I always try to convince those afraid of color to paint a 1/2 bath or laundry room a favorite fun color because they are typically smaller rooms with doors so you can close the door at anytime!


Moral of the story? You'll never know if you like it if you never try it. 
So keep looking outside of that box friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grays, Grays and Grays OH MY!

Farmhouse...COLOR

How to choose the right color