Farmhouse

How to add a little farmhouse flare to your home. It's all the rage right now as a go-to for decor. It's smothering HGTV episodes and can easily be incorporated in to your everyday!

One of my favorite farmhouse decor options is exposed beams. Here's a quick story for you...I live in an older home with popcorn ceilings! Of course someday I eventually wanted to scrape, sand and retexture them but after our kitchen remodel on the other side of the house, I knew how messy that was! When my kiddos were babies the 3 of us flew to Colorado to visit my family. My husband is a teacher and couldn't get the time off so he stayed behind. Upon arriving home from a week's vacation, he had a "surprise" for me! I walked into the living room to find he had installed wood beams to our ceiling!!! We had always talked about the idea of doing so but I was hesitant to do it with popcorn ceilings. I didn't want to draw attention to my ceilings. Low and behold I didn't have a choice, it was already done.

Before

After


Fast forward a couple of months and I loved them so much I wanted to incorporate them in our dining room, kitchen and even our master bedroom! He had built them, stained them and installed them himself so I was lucky it was pretty cost effective for us to add more of them! I've loved the warmth they bring to the home ever since! And now I can truly say attention is brought to the beams rather than the popcorn ceiling texture, win-win!


So just remember to think outside of the box and make some of those "thoughts" a reality. Here are some of my other farmhouse decor faves:

Board and Batten accent

barn doors

shiplap
Floating shelves

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grays, Grays and Grays OH MY!

Farmhouse...COLOR

How to choose the right color