I hate to Paint...REALLY!

I hate to paint yet choose the MOST. TEDIOUS. PAINTING. JOBS. EVER!!
This is my front tile entry that I decided to cottage paint a while back with a stencil and then top coat it with several layers of polyurethane and pray it holds up.
Took me a whole weekend to finish!!

So I decided this time I"ll paint my interior french door that's white, black. All of my trim is white and I don't plan on changing that anytime soon  ever! My thought was that my boys were going hunting for the weekend which meant spare time for me and I wanted to bring attention to the detail of my french door.

BEFORE
DURING
AFTER

I do have to say I LOVE the change but I still HATE to paint. Before I started I spent an hour taping the glass on one side but because I had to do 2 coats I couldn't remove the tape after one coat while the paint was still wet, which is ideal. All said and done, I will never use tape again, it hurt me more than help me! I did not tape the back side and it did take me longer to carefully paint but after using a scraping knife it looked so much better! It's still not perfect but totally worth the time! 
What do you think???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grays, Grays and Grays OH MY!

Farmhouse...COLOR

How to choose the right color