Less is more

I recently read that the #1 design mistake most people make is...CLUTTER. I was kind of surprised until I started decorating for christmas in my own home and realized how much STUFF I had! So this year I decided less is more. Of course we still put up a tree but I usually over-decorate my mantle and this year I'm keeping it simple.





















I have a good friend who is a true hy-gee' decor lover and is always stressing that "less is more." She's always getting rid of STUFF and a lot of the time I'm very envious.

                                                    image
So I think that might be my goal this coming year-
getting rid of STUFF.
Even though my kiddos are still young, it might be a good lesson to learn! It just seems impossible sometimes while working in the design world. I love everything and enjoy changing it up often. I need to remember a golden rule I was once told- if something new comes in something old should go out! Good Luck with that friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grays, Grays and Grays OH MY!

Farmhouse...COLOR

How to choose the right color