Greige

Okay friends, I have this talk daily while at work...DAILY. In case you didn't know, I live in North Dakota and in ND it feels like winter 9 months out of the year!
Maybe that's an exaggeration
But truthfully when it does snow, it doesn't melt. It is cold enough here for the snow to stick around for awhile. Ok ok moving on...the trend that's still hitting hard up here is gray. Grays are hard no matter what because of how they change with lighting but can be difficult especially when you want gray to feel warm. So here's my spiel, if I said it once I'll say it again-
builder beige from 10 years ago→ 'Greige' BM Stone Hearth →traditional "cooler" gray
           GOLD                                                                                          BLUE


 


So another reason I'm on this greige high horse is because I actually took the plunge and decided on a greige for myself, got the paint and had the hubby paint over his christmas break from school. I can pick colors all day long for others but when it comes to a color for myself, forget about it!

During this personal experience I wanted to try and take note of the good, the bad and the ugly with pictures. Since I often get to see people's "before photos" and rarely the finished product. For those who are especially concerned with their greige looking purple from the red undertone, I often have one piece of advice...Don't judge the color until the project is DONE DONE DONE!!! Why you might ask? A lot of times your existing color will influence the new color. I have proof!

Left of mantle is old color
Right of mantle is the new color



           I also got a new hallway light!
New Color!


See a spot my painter
may have missed? lol




What color did I decide on you ask???
C2 Fusion #795




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grays, Grays and Grays OH MY!

Farmhouse...COLOR

How to choose the right color