Wallpaper

So wallpaper is making a comeback? Well my mindset on this has always been negative. In my line of work I OFTEN come across those with wallpaper removal horror stories and I am trying to advise them on all things with removing wallpaper,  DIY . That being said, wallpaper has changed. a lot! Gone are the borders and nautical prints. It seems to be used as more of an accent, whether that be one wall or the backing of a bookcase, bold or soft.

When I first moved into my home 10+ years ago every room was covered in wallpaper, no joke! I hated it!! Plus, long story short we moved into an older home (plaster walls) that had been moved onto a new foundation after our city suffered from a flood. Because of this, there were cracks above doorways and had we tried to remove that paper we would have ended up damaging the walls and potentially needing to then re-drywall, which as first time homebuyers we couldn't afford to do.

So what did we do?

We primed and painted over ALL OF IT! I'm lucky that my husband has been painting with his dad since he was young in the summers so they had no issues with tackling this project.

I have to say that realizing how much money we saved by going this route, I don't mind a seeing a seam or two.  Here's some of the beautiful ways I've used or seen wallpaper used, Enjoy!

Soft Bedroom accent

Bold Bedroom accent

Soft Nursery accent

Bold Nursery accent

Bookshelf accent



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grays, Grays and Grays OH MY!

Farmhouse...COLOR

How to choose the right color