Board-N-Batten

The trend of board and batten walls seems to be an update to traditional wainscoting and I'm loving the look of it! It is fairly common to either go shoulder height with it on a wall or fill the entire wall. After seeing some pictures, I like both!


I think it is a great way to add some interest to a space.  I think a full wall is easier to incorporate with wood trim because you can paint the full wall any color and part wall installation seems to look best white.

I also like the idea of using it as a broken down catch all for coats in an entry way if you don't have room for the full locker system that is wildly popular in newer homes right now.

VS. 
I think I have the perfect spot in my house for this! (Josh Cichy HINT HINT) It would replace a storage bench we currently have but it's full of shoes (and sand) the kids never wear! I would love to maybe just use a basket for shoes and hooks for coats/backpacks/snow pants galore! 
I'll keep you updated on how the suggestion goes with my hubby. 😏


BTW Hubby said YES and it's beautiful! I find the painted white really helps to brighten up the space and I can't wait for it to help with clutter! Follow along and let me know what you think!





TA-DA!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grays, Grays and Grays OH MY!

Farmhouse...COLOR

How to choose the right color