Master Bedroom

wall mounted lights

accent pillow

Silhoutte by Hunter Douglas
      I distinctly remember years and years ago I watched an Oprah episode where she mentioned that the one room often left for last in a remodel is one of the most important, your master bedroom. Through all the years this piece of advice has stuck with me. In my current home I have recently recovered the headboard and my husband has stabilized the bed. Meaning we vetoed the bed frame and screwed the headboard to the wall. We've had the room painted the same greige for years and I still love it so no change there. My husband has also added faux beams to the room which helps tie the rest of the home in and add some warmth to the space. The window treatments were an investment almost right away when we bought the house because we replaced all the windows and we were able to take two windows and replace them with one large window instead. The window treatments are from Hunter Douglas and are definitely an investment. They are the silhouette style and I consider them to be "jewelry for my home." One thing I will admit to not being very good at is making my bed everyday-so this pic is a real treat for your guys! I've kept the same quilt for years and just rotate by season what we keep at the end of the bed (down comforter:winter/light blanket:summer).

nightstands before/after


 Our nightstands never matched but were always the right size for our space. Mine was black and my husbands was an oak-a hand me down from my mom years ago!
I painted them both a dark C2 color-757 Brigand
and I love that the color almost looks black but is actually a really dark blue. I am always looking for a way to sneak in a new color! I found a pillow with just a hint of a similar blue to help make the space more cohesive and there is a little blue in my gallery wall close to the bed.  I also added lights on the wall rather than lamps on the nightstands just to help the space feel a little less crowded. Our bedroom is quite large even after our bathroom/closet remodel, so I'm able to keep a make-up/hair vanity separate from the bathroom. And my favorite part of it all is the chandelier in my walk-in closet! Though it is small, I can see it from my bed and I LOVE IT!!!
I get asked for color suggestions for a bedroom quite often and I tend to like a darker color for a bedroom.

new headboard
grounded bed


gallery wall
closet chandelier







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grays, Grays and Grays OH MY!

Farmhouse...COLOR

How to choose the right color